Learning to Allow Jesus Christ to Live His Life Through Me so that I can Enjoy, in this life, those things that are meaningless in the next.

Monday, January 24, 2005

This past weekend we lost a truly great entertainer, Johnny Carson. He will be missed. In looking over current group I cast my vote for no one. Since Johnny left the air I can count on one hand how many times I have watched late night. He joins the ranks of Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra and Sammy Davis Jr.

I have been reading Hugh Hewitt’s book “Blog”. I think the subtitle stated its goal well, “Understanding the Information Reformation That’s Changing Your World”. The first half looks at the influence blogs have become while the last half focuses on suggestions. I find his argument interesting. What is the power of weblogs? I think the only power these online sources possess is the power to influence the mainstream media. If Fox, talk radio or big media ignores the story being raised then that story will die. I am not saying that blogs have no power but let us keep it in perspective. The power lies in the ability to influence the old media. I find two web sites exist that I try to read each day.

www.LewRockwell.com
www.TechCentralStation.com

The future of the new media is still being discovered. In a world that co-exists within an Information Revolution the New Media will play a larger role. The problem is that New is depended upon the Old.

As I promised I would look at political books that are worth reading. I think in today’s climate I would recommend Pat Buchanan’s “A Republic, not an Empire”. How did our Founding Fathers look at world involvement? Did they envision numerous foreign entanglements causing the death of hundreds of thousands of American lives? This is an excellent introduction to what our nations foreign policy should be.

No comments: