Learning to Allow Jesus Christ to Live His Life Through Me so that I can Enjoy, in this life, those things that are meaningless in the next.

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Wealth Building Books Part 2

If You Want to be Rich than do What Rich People Do


Sounds reasonable but why does everyone seem to complicate this. I suppose if I want to be a millionaire then I should study millionaires such as The Millionaire Next Door. I keep thinking that God will just drop money in my lap but He never does. High income/high consumption does not equal high net worth. I think that was eye opening for me because I have attempted to be frugal but have never succeeded. There has always been something to spend my money on and that is the difference as to why I am not a millionaire. The Millionaire Next Door is an academic study written by researchers. What other books would fall within the category of wealth building books?

On are I have forgotten about with millionaires is that they all have BUDGETS. Yes, the word us middle class people refuse to mention. Now I have known high income/high consumption people who had budgets but never became wealthy and it income wasn't high enough then the credit card came out. That seemed to work when home mortgages were being used to finance lifestyles.

When thinking over the wealth building goals I have it really does start with two things. The first is dealing with any addictions and the second is taking the time to create and live by a budget. I heard Dave Ramsey say when you create a budget it will not work the first month or the second but slowly it will take shape allowing the person to fly.

No comments: