Learning to Allow Jesus Christ to Live His Life Through Me so that I can Enjoy, in this life, those things that are meaningless in the next.

Sunday, July 05, 2009

The Millionaire Next Door

I am currently reading “The Millionaire Next Door”. I realize its 13 years late but I wonder if anyone listened to what was said. I found the fact that there is really no correlation between high income and wealth because high income usually translates into high consumption not building wealth. There are two types of millionaires discussed in the book. The first are those people with high incomes or who inherited the money compared with those who built there wealth either by frugal living and budgeting or by building a business.

For many years I was part of the prosperity gospel scene. One thing that always stuck out was that these preachers never taught the importance of budgeting and saving to build for the future. It was always expected that God would drop the lottery winnings in your lap, that unexpected income. What foolishness it was. If I had had taken the time to learn from people who had built wealth instead of people who could speak in public I may have true wealth and financial independence instead of still dependant upon my weekly paycheck.

IT TRULY MATTERS WHO YOU ACCEPT AS TEACHERS!!

No comments: