Learning to Allow Jesus Christ to Live His Life Through Me so that I can Enjoy, in this life, those things that are meaningless in the next.

Monday, February 14, 2005

To watch a loved one begin the decline toward death is a horrible thing. I understand that because of his relationship with Jesus my Dad will spend eternity with the Father. It doesn’t make the pain watching him go through the process any easier. To look at a man who was independent and could handle any problem now having trouble walking and thinking correctly is painful. Years ago I remember hearing the song My Generation by The Who “I hope I die before I get old.”

Recently Father taught me a new revelation based upon a book I had read several years ago about Ecclesiastes. It taught the God gives us the ability to enjoy the meaningless of life. Life is cyclical in that each day is similar. A person can choose to go through life in one of two ways. The first is the Earl Nightingale way. Achieving goals and making each day count for something. Building a name for yourself so you will be remembered after you die. The other is working each day throughout your life learning to enjoy each day by understanding that Father gives you the ability to enjoy the meaninglessness of life. Always remember the moment you die those meaningless things, i.e. career, financial success, vacations, etc truly have no meaning.

Which of these is better? Neither. The day you die neither will mean anything with Father. The only thing that matters is our relationship with Jesus. What should a believer’s goal be? Understand the Cross – the Body and Blood. The Apostle Paul says that he preached Christ and Him crucified. When a teacher begins to move away from the Cross-then the people fall into sins and struggle. Why? The answer lies in the Cross. When the church moves away from the Cross it will always become works oriented.

No comments: