Learning to Allow Jesus Christ to Live His Life Through Me so that I can Enjoy, in this life, those things that are meaningless in the next.

Sunday, February 20, 2005

I would like to add my two cents concerning the NHL lockout. What does it boil down too? The owners must put limits upon themselves in order to control their stupidity. If you look at those sports that have salary caps all benefit. The players make good incomes, the fans enjoy the sport and owners make money. I believe that hockey is in serious trouble. In Minnesota the fans have come out in force to support the Wild and then this happens. If next season occurs I think boycott one game would be perfect payback. All the fans should choose one game and boycott it. Show the players and owners that fans matter most, not their egos.

I have been catching Jimmy Swaggart on TV lately. Years ago when he was on I could not stand watching him, very judgmental and condemning. These days he is teaching about the Cross of Jesus Christ. I suggest you ignore his ramblings about the end times, which I believe is designed for fund raising.

The Cross of Jesus Christ is “foolishness to those who are perishing but to those who are being saved it is the power of God”. (1 Cor. 1:18) “I have been crucified with Christ, it is no longer I who lives but Christ who lives within me and the life I now live I live by faith in the Son of God who loves and gave Himself for me”. (Galatians 2:20)

No comments: