Learning to Allow Jesus Christ to Live His Life Through Me so that I can Enjoy, in this life, those things that are meaningless in the next.

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Gary North Reality Check Issue 420 asked a simple question “Do You Sincerely Want to be Rich?” People read books like Think and Grow Rich, Million Dollar Habits, Master Key to Riches or Rich Dad Poor Dad etc and etc. You hear about goals, positive thinking, possibility thinking, PMA, NLP, sports psychology ad nauseam. The question that should be asked first is, “Who am I in Christ Jesus?” This is the starting place. The next question should be “How does Father describe success?

Am I saying don’t read these type of books? I would recommend that people would take the time and read at least one of these books every year. The knowledge contained within these books is enormous. But the question that North asks is really this, “What am I willing to sacrifice to become rich?” Jesus talks about counting the costs. This is what each person must do before moving. Realizing that nothing happens until something moves. Action brings an equal an opposite reaction, i.e. action produces results.

I have concluded that the beginning of success is based on habits. Each day the habits we have developed will determine the amount of future success we achieve. I am today were I am because of the habits I have used over the last 20 years. The habits I continue to develop today will help determine my success for the next 20 years. The type of books a person reads is a habit. The friends you frequent is a habit. How you start your day is a habit. Choose positive and choose a successful future.

Each person should sit down and define success. I have defined it as such, “Learning to allow Jesus Christ to live his life through me so that I can enjoy, in this life, those things that are meaningless in the next”. For many years I have tried to find a career were I could be creative and enjoy that creativity. What I have discovered is that my creativity will shine outside of work as I begin enjoying the life Father God has given me.

Live until you die. Each day is a blessing from Father, so enjoy each day.

No comments: