Learning to Allow Jesus Christ to Live His Life Through Me so that I can Enjoy, in this life, those things that are meaningless in the next.

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Book Reviews
Pearl Harbor and Days of Infamy by Newt Gingrich and William Forstchen

Alternative history has never been on my reading list but I decided to give Newt's Pearl Harbor a try. I was so impressed I immediately picked up and read Days of Infamy. The story line is based upon the premise that if Yamamoto personal let the attacks upon Pearl Harbor would he have ordered a third strike. And what king of damage would the third wave have caused. Days of Infamy takes up exactly where the first book leaves off.
At the time of Pearl Harbor the United States was years behind Japan in fighter technology and strategy as this book shows. The importance of oil is again and again brought to the readers attention.
Having read very little alternative history with the exception of a couple of Harry Turtledove, who I find to over the top in many respects. I would like to recommend both of these books whether you like Newt or not. The writing style makes you feel that you are in the action and again the storyline is believable.

No comments: