Learning to Allow Jesus Christ to Live His Life Through Me so that I can Enjoy, in this life, those things that are meaningless in the next.

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Always a Teacher

I was raised a Protestant believer. What I have discovered has been the constant need to find a teacher to lead me into all truth. I spent 17 years listening to a man who claimed he was anointed by God but wasn't. I walked away from his falsehood thanking Father for kicking me out of that setting. Over the years I have always looked for the teacher with the message that will set me free but have never found him. This is what I have learned that Bible teachers should be. We live in a land that makes these people celebrities because they have the ability to talk in public. Think about all the falsehood that exists within the American church today.
What is the role of teachers in the Bible? A teacher is not someone who makes you dependent upon them but who shows you the way to freedom in Christ and allows you for go out and do likewise. For it is the Anointing, Holy Spirit, who teaches each believer the ways of truth and not man. Though I know men who claim quite a bit for themselves.
Another thing I have discovered is that just because a man or woman has a "TV ministry" does not mean their from God. The late Herbert Armstrong has a very large TV ministry at one time but was a false teacher. And I still see his disciples on TV.

No comments: