Learning to Allow Jesus Christ to Live His Life Through Me so that I can Enjoy, in this life, those things that are meaningless in the next.

Sunday, November 01, 2009

TrueFaced

Today I started reading TrueFaced by several authors. I was hit immediately by those Christians who are still searching for the "new" technique. That would be me. All my life I have searched for the one teacher who would have the answers to life. I have learned from many teachers but have never found the "one" teacher. I include in my list the following, I will try to list in order of oldest to youngest.
Hal Lindsey and the late great planet earth B.S.
Christian Reconstructionism
RC Sproul and Reformed Theology
Pentecostalism and Charismatics
Prosperity Gospel
Neil Anderson and Who I am in Christ - I believe this teaching is very Biblical I just never seem to follow through with his material.
Wayne Jacobsen and Anarchistic Christianity
A Loving version of the Reformed Faith - Steve Brown and his book A Scandalous Freedom - A book every believer should read.
Today I an flirting with liturgical Christianity as with Lutheranism or Anglicanism. I would go Orthodox but this praying to Mary stuff freaks me out.

See I have attempted to find answers from many sources. I am beginning to understand that Steven Brown and Neil Anderson are probably closer to the truth than what I have heard over the years. What I want is a relationship with the Triune God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit and no more B.S. Christianity.
One other interesting blog to read is www.internetmonk.com aka Michael Spencer.

No comments: