Learning to Allow Jesus Christ to Live His Life Through Me so that I can Enjoy, in this life, those things that are meaningless in the next.

Tuesday, November 03, 2009

The Room of Good Intentions

For my Christian Walk I have played the game of Just Fine. How are you? I'm fine. I could be depressed but I was never to discuss it with other believers. I was to do my duty and confess the word not be the law but by grace. Grace was power and love, but the love was never really discussed outside of the high realm. We were told that God loves through us but the person saying it was so messed up he was capable of only loving those people who were needed. I spent so many years trying to do the right thing to please God. It never worked. I just grew more disheartened. Until finally one day I called it quits and stopped attending church. I belonged to a charismatic group where one man was important and no one else was close. The group was designed to give a man a pat on the back. It was for stroking his ego.
The funny thing was that as I attempted to follow the teaching this person slowly drove those people away by attacking them from the pulpit. Funny how I still hold a grudge against him at times. Other times I feel so free from his false teaching. I have heard so many false teachers over the years from the charismatic movement that I wonder if I have ever heard the true gospel.
Today I seek out Reformation teachers. Those men who teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This coming Christian year I plan to take the time and follow the Christian year as observed by the Church universal. I am planning on picking up an Ancient Christian Devotional that goes through the Christian year.

No comments: