Learning to Allow Jesus Christ to Live His Life Through Me so that I can Enjoy, in this life, those things that are meaningless in the next.

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Theology the leading cause of Hell for religious people. I have been reading a wonderful little book by Kenneth E. Hagin called “Jesus the Open Door.” In it he talks about the reality of Hell, a hell that has fire and gnashing of teeth for all eternity. I realize religion has created a world were hell no longer exists but it still does. It is a place that I have thought about recently. I have family who don’t know Jesus as Lord and Savior. This concerns me. Catholics believe in a make believe place called Purgatory. This is a religious way of escape for living a life without Jesus. Liberal religious theology just denies everything making the Bible a myth.

Why does religion seek to destroy the teachings of the Bible? Religion seeks to avoid final judgment and an eternity in a lake of fire. As Isaiah 66: 23b-24 says:

“’All mankind will come to bow down before Me,’ says the LORD. ‘Then they will go forth and look on the corpses of the men who have transgressed against Me. For their worm will not die and their fire will not be quenched; and they will be an abhorrence to all mankind.’”

As I look upon (I visualize this seen) and think about this topic I become tearful realizing that life is so short and eternity so long that I want to pray for my love ones that Jesus would fill their hearts and souls. I am still trying to overcome the fact of personally witnessing to each one. Why is it so difficult?

As much as I enjoy a walk through the hell of Dante’s Inferno, the reality is that hell is eternal torment not to be joked about.

No comments: