Learning to Allow Jesus Christ to Live His Life Through Me so that I can Enjoy, in this life, those things that are meaningless in the next.

Sunday, August 28, 2005

“The conviction of the Holy Spirit always comes packaged in the comfort of God’s love and acceptance, the hope that you can and will change and the power to make it happen.”
Gary Kinnaman
Experiencing the Power of the Cross

I have heard Neal Anderson talk about the walk a believer has with the gentle Jesus. As Joyce Meyer says “I’m not where I need to be, but thank God I’m not where I used to be, I’m ok and I’m on my way.

The Christian walk is a process that begins the day we come to Christ. No one is perfect when he is brought into the Kingdom. The Church makes people attempt perfection so people are not allowed to grow but must put on the “smiling” face whenever he/she is around other believers. I attended an Assembly of God church for several years and the whole time I was under self imposed condemnation because I was not perfect. The process will continue through out the life of the believer never reaching perfection in this life.

Rom 5:10
For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. NKJ

More to come…

No comments: